Full Time - $40,000
REPORTS TO: Director of Family Ministry and Discipleship
1) To develop and lead a dynamic, gospel-centered children’s ministry that walks alongside parents to disciple and mentor children to be followers of Jesus and draws them into a deeper relationship with God and each other
2) To support the ministry of Jacksonville Presbyterian Church (JPC)
1) Plan and lead engaging Sunday morning children’s activities (Sunday School, i.e., Jump Start)
2) Implement meaningful Key Experiences for children, including service and missions projects
3) Oversee weekly children’s activities (days or evenings)
4) Work with Nursery/Preschool Coordinator to schedule Sunday morning and special service teachers and volunteers
5) Work alongside Dir. of Family Ministry to provide special summer programs and holiday activities (VBS, Kids’ Summer Camp, All-church Retreat, Victorian Christmas parade and play, Easter egg hunt, etc.)
6) Recruit, train, and encourage a group of children’s ministry volunteers who have a passion for working with children. Ensure all volunteers are properly vetted and have up-to-date background checks
7) Communicate with parents and children in consistent, clear and reliable ways (i.e., Bell Ringer articles, emails, Jville Pres Kids Facebook page)
8) Work to accommodate and facilitate curriculum and activities to children and families with disabilities
9) Attend and actively participate in weekly Team Meetings
10) Pursue ongoing personal and leadership development
A Christian with a vital, growing relationship with Jesus Christ, adhering to Evangelical doctrine (please visit https://www.jvillepres.org/beliefs to review); willing to join the church as a member; experience working with children; good interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills. Must be able to pass a criminal background check and provide character references.
Depending on desire and availability, this position could either be part-time or full-time. Benefits are provided for full-time employees. Salary dependent on experience, up to $40,000/year.